Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Attitude of My Heart

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. — Hebrews 4:12

Today at church we will be reading God's Word and worshipping Him together as a family.

Kirk and I take our Bibles with us so we can follow along with the Scriptures, take notes, and meditate on God's Word throughout the week.

Each year I read through the Bible, seeing it again through the new eyes of my life at the time.

God's Word is alive and active.

Each time I read it, He shows me something new that applies to what I'm going through that day, week, month or year.

God's Spirit works in me to help me understand the passage more deeply and with different insights.

He also convicts me of areas in my life where I haven't had the best attitude.

And areas where I don't want to turn control over to Him.

Help me today, Lord, to turn my thoughts and attitudes to you.

Take away my selfishness and focus on myself.

Show me where you need to work in my heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story