Saturday, April 2, 2022

The Spirit God Gave Us Gives Us Love

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. — 2 Timothy 1:7

Yesterday I went to lunch with a coworker.

Our boss is moving on in his career, and she is nervous.

I wanted to offer my support and mentorship along with the resources of my team of writers.

She is a Christian, so we had a chance to talk about her church, her marriage, and her relationship with Jesus.

I shared with her the Scripture that tells us "Do not worry."

And explained that God wants us to cast all of our cares on Him.

When we forget, we can simply pray and ask Him to help us.

I mentioned that God has put her here in our company for a reason.

And that it helps me to ask Him before making decisions, having discussions, etc.

Asking Him for wisdom before I charge ahead with my own agenda.

I also told him how He has given me opportunities to pray with our coworkers, even those who are not Christians.

She told me that she and her husband have joined a Bible study, and how he was more of a social Christian, but is developing more of relationship himself and is even willing to lead their evening prayers.

She is grateful for her Christian coworkers and for our company.

I am thankful for the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story