Saturday, January 28, 2023

Put on the Full Armor of God

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. — Ephesians 6:12-13


We are only visitors to this world.

It's not our home, thank goodness.

We don't struggle agains humankind but again the spiritual forces of evil.

God has let the evil powers run rampant in our world today.

But we know the end of the story.

And He reigns supreme over earth and heaven and all creation.

When I remember to put on the breastplate of righteousness and the helmet of salvation, I am protected from the evil around me.

When I put on the shoes of the gospel of peace, I'm able to stand against it all.

And the full armor of God protects me but also helps me stand.

The Sword of the Spirit gives me the protection of God's Word to guide and direct my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story