Sunday, October 15, 2023

Do Not Forsake Your Mother's Teaching

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. — Proverbs 1:8-9

We pray that our daughter will listen to her father's instruction.

After all, He is a disciple of Jesus and he has years of wisdom.

And I was careful to listen to my mother's teaching.

I loved late-night discussions with her.

She also had the mind of Jesus and years of wisdom. 

I still miss her, even though it's been over 20 years since she died.

God gives us a wonderfu promise when we listen to our parents. 

Their teaching will be a garland to grace our heads.

And a necklace to adorn our necks.

We will live in beuaty and grace.

Today I made scones to celebrate my coworkers' two-year anniversary.

The catch was that they had to be gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.

So they aren't as good as the cream scones - I made some of those too!

But they'll do in a pinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story