Monday, May 6, 2024

The Authorities Are God's Servants

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. — Romans 13:6-7 

The authorities are God's servants.

God has placed them in a position of authority.

They give their full time to governing, or they should.

God asks us to give to everyone whatever I owe them.

It humbles me to know that He calls me to pay my taxes.

And to pay those who work for me and my company.

But more than that, God commands me to give others respect.

Even if I don't agree with them.

To give them honor.

To treat others as children of God.

Our neighbor is recovering from knee surgery.

It's not going as well as her first one did six years ago.

This week she went in for a tough physical therapy session.

So we sent her a fruit bouquet to encourage and support her.

It was her first one, and she said it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story