Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Add to Your Faith Goodness

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness. — 2 Peter 1:5-6


God gives us situations where we need to have self-control.

And at times it seems impossible without His guidance.

He gives us situations where we need to persevere.

And at times we can't keep going on our own.

Last week I prayed with and for a coworker who was struggling in many ways.

She was broken downhearted, and defeated.

I asked God to wrap a hedge of protection and love around her.

And this morning that prayer was answered, and she was surrounded by support and love.

When she shared with me this turn of events, I mentioned that it was a complete answer to the prayer I had prayed over her last week.

Our God is an awesome God.

He loves and cares for us.

He is adding daily to my faith.

And God is teaching me self-control, perseverance, and even godliness.

Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story