Friday, May 10, 2019

God Our Strength

Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob! Begin the music, strike the timbrel, play the melodious harp and lyre. — Psalm 81:1-2

They say music has healing powers. I think God created music that way: to calm the savage beast, relax our hearts and minds, and help us praise him when words alone are just not enough.

Doctors even recommend bringing music to chemo sessions. Research shows that it helps the treatment go more smoothly, and I can attest to that. 

Thanks to Abby for helping me find the Pandora stations that keep me relaxed and pain-free while undergoing my treatments.

Here's the hat I wore to my chemo treatment on Thursday. It was a hit. Another lady asked for the website so she could get one, too. TLCDirect.org has lots of fun styles and some great sales in the clearance section. 

Kaiser even had their catalog in the chemo suite for people to browse through while they have their treatments. 

Next week I'll take a free nutrition course at Kaiser for best practices and foods to eat while on chemo. I have a good start but am hoping to learn even more.

Sing for joy to God our strength!

Begin the music, strike the timbrel, play the melodius harp and lyre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story