Sunday, February 7, 2021

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. — Job 1:21


Yesterday I went on a 5.5 mile hike with friends to Blue Sky Ecological Reserve in Poway.  

The views were beautiful.

Today I received the results of my Monday mammogram, and the news is wonderful.

Here's what the report stated:

Benign appearing calcifications and benign appearing densities are
present in the right breast and benign appearing calcifications are present in the left breast. There is a post-surgical scar associated with the left breast. No significant masses, calcifications, or other findings are seen in either breast.

I have been covered in prayer by my family and friends.

Whatever the outcome, we can say just as Job did, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

The previous part of that verse says, "The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away."

No matter our circumstances, we can praise God.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story