Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Preparing a Place for Us

If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. — John 14:3-4


When my friend Peggy's daughter was two, she had memorized the 23rd Psalm. Not just a few verses, but the entire passage. I was amazed.

My daughter at two had memorized a few verses, but her gift was really prayer.

I was amazed at the way she could cut to the heart of the matter and talk to God so openly at such a young age.

One day, as we were talking about God and heaven, she asked me, "Mom, how do we get to heaven?"

I thought God was asking me to share the salvation story with her, so I launched into the fact that we have all done and said wrong things called sin, and how God sent Jesus to forgive us of those wrong things by dying on the cross for us so we can live with him in heaven some day. . ." 

And she interrupted me with, "Yes, I know that! (sigh of frustration) But how do we get there?"

To which I replied, "Well, I'm not sure."

She thought about it for a minute and then explained to me, "I think God reaches down His hand and shows us the way."

I had to agree. That must be it!

In this passage from John, Jesus explains that He will come back and take us to be with Him so we can be where He is.

How comforting to know that He has already prepared a home for us in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story