Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Spirit Gives Life

But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. — Romans 8:10

Tonight I join my friends at book club briefly after work.

Then I head on to choir rehearsal.

We've been reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett.

It was a fairly fast read, and I enjoyed it.

I got started on another book after that one, Island of the Blue Dolphins.

I'm about a third of the way through that one.

It's also an easy and interesting read.

And of course, I'm reading God's Word, the Bible.

In my Bible study, we're reading through Genesis.

In my daily readings, I'm in Exodus, reading about the Israelites crossing the Red Sea.

Even though my body is subject to death because of sin, the Holy Spirit gives life because of righteousness through Jesus.

The Israelites crossed through the waters and came through on the other side even while Pharoah's army died in the Red Sea.

Noah came through the waters of the flood even while the other people of his day died in the flood.

I have come through the waters of baptism and have been made alive in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story