Saturday, March 21, 2020

God Provides

Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. — Jeremiah 17:14


Today I made oatmeal bread made with butternut squash.

It turned out tasting delicious and our house smelled wonderful.

Here it is, right out of the oven.

I made two loaves so we could share with our neighbors.

Here's the recipe that I started in my bread machine on the dough cycle:
Combine 1/2 cup water with 3/4 cups mashed and cooked butternut squash, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and 1/8 cup molasses in the bottom of the bread maker or in a bowl. Add 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, and 2 teaspoons active dry yeast. 
Choose the dough cycle on your bread machine. [To prepare without the machine, gradually stir half the flour into the wet ingredients then beat at medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually stir in the oats and remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.]
Remove the dough and turn out onto a floured surface. Knead a few times. Divide in half. Then roll out to create two 14 x 7-inch rectangles.
Roll up each rectangle, starting on the short side, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets. Pinch ends to seal. Place dough, seam side down, on a piece of wax paper. Coat lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oats. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and 1 1/2 teaspoons oats. Brush loaves evenly with 1 tablespoon water and sprinkle each with and additional 1 tablespoon oats. Cover and let rise in a warm place free from drafts for 25 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
Cook for 30 - 35 minutes at 350ยบ on a pizza stone or cookie sheet, or cook until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy!

God has healed me and saved me. He has overwhelmed me with blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story