Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Word of Encouragement

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, 
just as in fact you are doing.  — I Thessalonians 5:11


We are called to build each other up and encourage each other. A kind word can go a long way to make someone's day.

I am blessed with many, many friends, relatives and acquaintances who have reached out to encourage and support me during this time. Perhaps that's one reason I feel a deep peace and calm about the whole surgery process, even though this is my first surgery other than my wisdom teeth coming out when I was 23.

Here's what one friend wrote to tell me before my surgery:
Carol, you seem to help and support me more than I can possibly hope to help you!
I have had a rainbow appear to me at a point in my life when I needed it, too. God is always there! He gives us the strength we need each day, and you will be powerful on Friday!

What wonderful words of encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story