Tuesday, April 16, 2019

God Has Given Me a Heritage

I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. — Psalm 61:4-5

Sunday I had the privilege of working in our church preschool during the early service. What a blessing to share God's Word with children from under 2 to almost 5. 

They loved looking in my hand mirror as we sang, "God cares about [Josh]" to each child. And when we talked about Jesus dying for us, one of them said, "That makes me sad," and I had to agree, it makes me sad, too. 

But that's not the end of the story. And their faces brightened up as we talked about how Jesus came alive again and now lives in heaven. We practiced telling our friends, "Jesus loves you."

And we finished with blowing and catching bubbles and dancing with joy.

The sun is shining and the birds are singing. What a beautiful Palm Sunday day.

You, God, have heard my prayer. You have given me the heritage of these who fear your name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story