Sunday, April 7, 2019

Strength to Keep Going

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. — Joshua 1:9

Mission San Luis Rey Oceanside 2016
This weekend I attended a women's retreat up at Mission San Luis Rey, and it was wonderful.

God really blessed me through the speakers, reading my Bible, praying, connecting with friends, meeting new Christian sisters, celebrating Joy's birthday, singing God's praises, sitting among the flowers, laughing over wine and cheese, doing some crazy skits, trying cupping plus a variety of yoga balls, and eating wonderful food.

I probably gained a couple of pounds, so I'll head out for a hike this afternoon after I do our taxes.

I felt great the whole time until Friday night after dinner, when I headed over to hear the first speaker. I stopped to take a nausea pill and threw up the pill and my coleslaw all over the walkway.

I actually felt much better after that so headed back to the kitchen, borrowed a mop, and cleaned up the mess before heading into the meeting room. I missed the music, but arrived just in time to hear Dawn share the story of God's faithfulness to her during the loss of her first baby.

One of the things she shared was that she bought a pair of awesome really high heels to wear to the baby's funeral service just to help her feel good about herself on the outside as she was struggling on the inside.

She encourage us not to fake it with our relationships with others but to come before God, humbly lay ourselves bare, and admit our need for healing and salvation so God can use our weakness to point to the cross.

God meets us where we are and helps us move beyond ourselves.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story