Monday, April 15, 2019

God, My Rock

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. — Psalm 61:1-3

Last week, Kirk's colleague and friend Julie gave me this book, and I just finished reading it on Saturday. 

What an encouragement it was to read the stories of others who have gone through this journey and even tougher ones, coming out stronger on the other side.

The subtitle is, "Surviving and Thriving During and After Your Diagnosis and Treatment." It gave some wonderful tips for how to thrive and take care of yourself.

The author suggested creating a worry box where you put all of your worries for the day, giving them up to the box. I like the idea of casting my cares on God so I don't need to worry.

She also encouraged setting aside time for meditation and prayer each day. Words of wisdom.

And she suggested surrounding myself with friends who will encourage and support me rather than people who will cause me to stress out. Check! My friends have rallied around me with support and encouragement.

I am so blessed to have a house full of food, cards and flowers. Kirk mentioned that our home seems like a florist shop. Love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story