Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Great Healer

Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. — Psalm 6:2

Yesterday I discovered that I have shingles.

Until then I had been feeling great.

My back started hurting on Monday and after I finished jumping rope, I noticed a large rash across one side of my back.

I had a low-grade fever and occasional chills.

It continued to be painful, and my oncologist confirmed the diagnosis and started me on pills yesterday.

Fortunately, I had had a shingles shot 5 or 6 years ago so it most likely was not as severe as it would have been otherwise.

God is the great healer, so I know he has this covered.

Unfortunately, I had not had the booster shot that they now recommend for a better chance of avoiding shingles altogether.

Abby suggested it was probably caused by stress, and I think she was right. Dad's estate has gotten more complicated and I have not heard back from his lawyer with the forms we need to get things straightened out.

I am hoping we will hear something tomorrow. If not, I'll try calling once again.

We have an appointment for Monday, but I would like to have the necessary forms complete before we go in to save time down the road.

I am still on schedule for my fifth chemo session tomorrow, so that's awesome. 

Thanks for all of the cards and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story