Thursday, December 5, 2019

Our Competence Comes from God

Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. — 2 Corinthians 3:5

I am not competent in myself to claim anything for myself.

My competence comes from God.

On Sunday I sang "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" for our worship service.

You can watch it on LiveStream about 59:35 minutes into the service:
https://livestream.com/FPCSD/events/8914821/videos/199466636

Our new pastor was preaching a sermon about Tamar and Judah, but he told me the theme was God's care.

When he mentioned that, I immediately thought of this song, which ends with "I know He watches me."

During the sermon I was doubting the choice, thinking "Because He Lives" might have been more appropriate.

I asked God to communicate the song's message through my singing.

I realize I'm not competent on my own.

God helped me communicate His message through the song, and our pastor Jeff mentioned how perfectly it fit with his sermon.

That was definitely a God thing.

He can use me as He sees fit. My competence comes from God.

He is worthy of our praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story