Friday, September 13, 2019

Be Compassionate and Humble

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. — I Peter 3:8

It's not always easy to be humble.

Sometimes God has to purposely humble me just to get my attention.

When pride gets in my way, I tend to be oblivious until He brings me up short.

Yesterday was my 10th radiation treatment. I'm halfway through!

I'm expecting that in a week or two I will begin to tire and my energy will be drained.

For now, I'm enjoying the energy I have - more than I had while on chemo.

I went to Kaiser for my Herceptin IV this morning.

The poor nurse had a hard time finding a vein without scar tissue.

She gave up after two tries and the next nurse was able to get the blood flowing.

Fortunately, the first nurse was very gentle and made it an almost pain-free experience.

I am grateful for the Kaiser nursing staff who do such a wonderful job with the IVs.

I am also thankful for the UCSD nursing staff where I go for radiation.

They play Hillsong United or Lauren Daigle during my session and cover me with a warm blanket.

All of them are very compassionate. God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story