Monday, September 9, 2019

Teach Me, Lord

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. — Psalm 143:10


It's not always easy to God's do will.

In fact, for me, it's rarely easy.

My daily prayer is for God to lead me on level ground and direct my paths.

Saturday our sweet neighbors brought me a wonderful new book that I finished reading last night.

It's called "Here's to You" and it's filled with quotes from a wide variety of people past and present.

How thoughtful and appreciated!

And they invited me to swim in their pool, which I did.

It was very refreshing on a hot day.

And it was good exercise to get me back in shape before I experience the exhaustion of radiation in a couple of weeks.

One of my favorite quotes (of many) from this book was on the page, "Here's to your spirit."

The quote is from Ashley Hodgeson, "Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories, they are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win, but the people who don't give up when they lose."

God is teaching me to slow down and do his will. And I am thankful.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story