Saturday, March 30, 2019

God Knows What To Do

If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That’s to prevent anyone from confusing God’s incomparable power with us. As it is, there’s not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we’re not much to look at. We’ve been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we’re not demoralized; we’re not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we’ve been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn’t left our side; we’ve been thrown down, but we haven’t broken. — 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 The Message
 
Yesterday was my first chemo treatment. Overall, the day went really well. Abby and I went out for breakfast in the morning. iHop was the choice of the day.

Kirk's brother Kelly sent me this verse (in the Good News version) as I was starting the IV. What a wonderful encouragement!

I took Decadron the day before and the morning of. An hour before my appointment I took Cetirizine but will probably not need to take that one next time.

Then Kirk drove me over to the chemo suite where they gave me:

Tylenol 650 mg and Zofran (Ondansetron) tablets to mitigate headaches and nausea
Trastuzumab (Herceptin)150 mg IV around noon
Docetaxel 102.6 mg in Sodium Chloride IV at 2:30
Carboplatin 605 ms in DW 205 ml 10 mg/ml IV just before 5:00

They went really slow with the IVs to make sure I didn't have any reactions or nausea, which I didn't.

Kirk and Abby went to lunch and picked up lunch for me, which tasted really good. I will be losing my taste and my hair over the next few weeks so I was enjoying some of my favorite food.

We got home about six last evening and were greeted by these beautiful flowers from Brad and Peggy, created by Madison and company at Stem Floral Company. And we've already eaten half the snacks they brought for us. Very yummy and much appreciated.

So are the sweet cards, phone calls, texts, and information every is sending.

We are blessed. One down and just 5 treatments left to go for the chemo, every 3 weeks. The Herceptin IVs will continue every 3 weeks for a year.

God knows what to do, even when we dont.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story