Sunday, March 10, 2019

God Reigns

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!” — Isaiah 52:7

Today as I walked around our neighborhood, I was joy-filled to see the birds flying by, the roses and daffodils and Birds of Paradise blooming, and the sun peeking through the snow-white clouds above me.

This Bird of Paradise plant at the foot of our driveway hasn’t bloomed in years. But after all of the rain we’ve been having, it finally blossomed. 

Now its brilliant colors are finally shining through.

Sometimes the rain in my life helps me to be able to bloom as well. I become dull and move away from God until pain and problems come my way. Then I start to turn to God and He in turn helps me shine the light of Jesus in my actions and words.

Thank you, Lord, for your omnipotence. You reign in power and glory.

Our God reigns!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story