Monday, March 25, 2019

In God's House

I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.” — Psalm 122:1
 
First Presbyterian Church San Diego
As a young child, my mom used to sing this verse to me, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord." The song was a simple melody written for preschoolers and kindergarten children, and I can still hum the tune.

It does make me glad to worship God at church each week, to stand and sing His praises and to listen to His Word. The Scriptures are alive and active and speak to me in a different way each time I hear them.

The words don't seem to change, but the Holy Spirit works in me and the message is usually just what I need to hear.

Yesterday my brother Steve joined us at church. What a huge surprise and and a blessing to worship next to him once again! Over the past year he has been working overtime six days a week, and it was great to have him back with us, singing together in the house of the Lord.

I rejoiced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story